11 things I (in some cases regrettably) learned during the 2013 MTV VMAs
So … how about those 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, right? Geez.
Here’s a few things I learned last night:
- Biking is in. Seriously. Pharrell and Co. really took owned the carpet arriving on their bicycles.
- “Gay rights are human rights. There is no separation.” Speak that truth, Macklemore. Congrats on all of your recognition.
- I have more in common with the Smith family, Taylor Swift, and Rihanna than I ever knew. Honestly, guys, let’s all be best friends. Your reactions were my reaction to Twerkgate 2013. After all, RiRi, you and I have the same birthday. I think this is fate.
- Twerking is dead. And, as a side note, Miley Cyrus should be arrested for first-degree murder. That trend is now six feet under, right there next to the Harlem Shake and planking. What gift to give your dad on his birthday, Miley. Points for originality, but none for execution. What the Thicke happened on that stage, y’all?
- I miss Beetlejuice. I’m probably going to watch that movie sometime this week. Thanks for the inspiration, Robin Thicke.
- Lady Gaga is a saint. Good on her for being upset that One Direction was booed after winning their award. However, I don’t think they should have won. How in the world did they get Song of the Summer over Daft Punk and Robin Thicke? No.
- Justin Timberlake is the President of Pop. That 20-minute performance was all I needed out of this year. I am convinced it is borderline impossible for anyone to hate him. What a stand-up guy.
- ‘N Sync’s reunion was brief, but awesome. Did we expect much? I didn’t. Yet, what we received was more than enough. It’s nice to see that Joey’s still got it (lol).
- Taylor Swift holds a mean grudge. I kind of knew that already, given she can’t let the Kanye incident go, but now that I’ve seen her in action, I know better to get on her bad side. You know, when we become best friends.
- Chris Kirkpatrick = Michelle Williams. Ooop.
- I am officially getting old. Austin Mahone, Ariana Grande, other randomly teens I’ve never heard of. I think I have officially graduated from MTV’s demo.
So, are you right there with me? Or do you disagree? Have anything to add? Sound off in the comments!